Legal Aid Programs in Broward County
2021 Annual Recognition Award Recipients
Awards were presented during Series of Virtual Events on May 4–7, 2021
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (May 11, 2021) – Legal Aid Service of Broward County (LAS) and Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida (CCLA) are pleased to announce the recipients of their 2021 Annual Recognition Awards.
2021 AWARD RECIPIENTS:
- The Attorney of the Year Award was presented to Lauren Alperstein, Esq., of Boies Schiller Flexner LLP
- The Law Firm of the Year was presented to the Van Horn Law Group
- The Spirit of Justice Award was presented to Ofer Shmucher, Esq. and Shera Anderson, Esq. of Shmucher Law, PL
- The Commitment to Justice Award was presented to Theresa Edwards, Esq., of American Justice, P.A.
- The Russell E. Carlisle Advocacy Award was presented to Anthony J. Karrat, Esq., Executive Director of Legal Aid Service of Broward County
- The Jacquelyn and Bruce Rogow Employee of the Year Award was presented to Edwin Cordova, Esq., Supervising Attorney of the Housing Unit at Legal Aid Service of Broward County
During the series of online virtual events, legal professionals, community leaders, and friends/families gathered to watch each honoree receive their award as they made brief remarks.
Special thanks to the annual sponsors of legal aid programs in Broward. Sponsors include: Akerman, LLP |Birnbaum, Lippman & Gregoire, PLLC | Broward County Bar Association | Daily Business Review | Florida Power & Light | Kristen Goss, Esq. | JM Family Enterprises, Inc. | Kelley Kronenberg| Kelley Uustal | Kim Vaughan Lerner LLP | The Quackenbush Law Firm | Jacquelyn and Bruce Rogow | Rosen Injury Law | Setnor Byer Insurance & Risk |Stearns Weaver Miller| Shutts | Truist | Valley National Bank |Van Horn Law Group | Weiss Serota Helfman Cole & Bierman, PL.
Aimee Adler Cooke
ABOUT COAST TO COAST LEGAL AID OF SOUTH FLORIDA
Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida (CCLA) is a nonprofit law firm established in 2003 and funded, in part, by the Legal Services Corporation. The mission is to improve the lives of low income persons in our community through advocacy, education, representation, and empowerment.
ABOUT LEGAL AID SERVICE OF BROWARD COUNTY
Legal Aid Service of Broward County (LAS) is a nonprofit law firm established in 1973. The mission is to provide high quality free civil legal advice, representation, and education to the poor of Broward County so as to improve the lifestyle and living conditions of the low income community and to encourage self-sufficiency.
Legal Aid Service of Broward County (LAS) and Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida (CCLA) are 501(c)(3) corporations registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer services (LAS #SC-02337 and CCLA #CH19226). All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free 1-800-435-7352 within the state or by visiting WWW.FRESHFROMFLORIDA.COM. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the State.