United Way of Broward County, as part of its MISSION UNITED initiative, has partnered with Legal Aid Service of Broward County to create a Veterans Pro Bono Legal Project to offer free civil legal services to Broward’s income-eligible military members, veterans and their families in the following areas:
- Family Law
- Consumer Issues
- Housing Issues
- VA Benefits
- Other Benefits
- Probate / Wills / Estate Planning / Advance Directives
- Real Estate and Business Transactional Matters
- Employment Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mentor another attorney
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE to individuals and families who have made great personal sacrifices serving our country! PLEASE VOLUNTEER TODAY to provide pro bono legal services in any of the above-described practice areas or help train/mentor other attorneys in these practice areas.
Menu of Opportunities
* Mentor another attorney for a Veterans case
* Make a monetary contribution to the Pro Bono Veterans Project.
For additional information about these and other Mission United Veterans Project Pro Bono opportunities, email email@example.com.
All attorneys participating in the Project will be provided:
- Malpractice insurance coverage ($1,000,000 limit);
- Client screening;
- Attorney-client matching (based on pro bono attorney’s practice area(s) and availability);
- Pre-approved court and litigation costs;
- Mentorship by experienced practitioners;
- Continuing legal education (CLE) programs in applicable practice areas; and
- Reference manual and forms for applicable practice areas and frequently asked questions.
It’s easy to “sign up!” Simply complete the information on the on-line form. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you! OUR VETERANS NEED YOUR HELP!