Legal Aid Service of Broward County’s HIV Law Project provides representation for Ryan White-eligible clients in the following areas:
Advance Directives and Estate Planning
- Designation of Health Care Surrogate
- Living Will
- Financial Power of Attorney
- Wills & Trusts
- Unemployment Compensation / Florida reemployment assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) / Food Stamps
- Social Security Disability (SSD) & Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medicare & Medicaid
Assistance may also be available in these areas:
Consumer Debt Consultation (not representation)
- Debt collection and judgment process
- Broward County resident
- Household income 300% of the federal poverty level (FPL)
- Documentation of HIV status
Prior to receiving legal assistance, clients must be current with their Ryan White Part A eligibility. Contact the Centralized Intake and Eligibility program at 954-566-1417 for more information and to become eligible for all County Ryan White services, including legal services.
- Because of the eligibility documentation required, immediate appointments upon walk-in are not generally available.
- Potential clients may walk-in and complete an application for services from 8:30am – 5pm and a follow-up appointment will be scheduled or call Legal Aid’s office at 954-358-5635 to schedule an appointment.
- In extraordinary circumstances, home or hospital visits can be arranged.
Links to Helpful Websites:
Broward Regional Health Planning Council – www.brhpc.org
Centralized Intake and Eligibility – http://www.brhpc.org/programs/centralized-intake-eligibility-program/
Hepburn Multipurpose Center
750 N.W. 8th Avenue, Hallandale
5840 Johnson Street, Hollywood
Carver Ranches Family Success Center
4733 N.W. 3rd Avenue, Pompano Beach
North Regional Family Success Center
2011 N.W. 3rd Avenue, Pompano Beach
Northwest Coral Springs Family Success Center
10077 NW 29th Street, Coral Springs