ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE PROJECT
What We Do:
Our advocacy includes representation of income eligible Broward County and Collier County residents who have been exposed to environmental contamination.
Current Cases and Projects:
- Hinton v. City of Ft. Lauderdale -Current mass toxic tort case.
- Additional Information – Media covering the case.
- Charter School Adjacent to the Wingate Superfund Site
- Additional Information – Center for Environment Health and Justice Superfund Report.
- FACE Justice Tour – Collaboration with the Center for Environment, Health and Justice on environmental health issues state-wide.
Cases we are investigating:
- Ferncrest Utilities – New Times article by Amy Guthrie, November 20th 2008.
Who Is Eligible:
Individuals whose income is not more than 187% of the federal poverty guidelines. What You Need:
- Drivers License or other picture identification
- Proof of Income (pay stubs or social security award letter) and/or
- Tax Returns for all adult members of applicant’s household
- All legal or other document pertaining to the legal problem
- If applicant is not a U.S. citizen:
- Proof of alien status (permanent resident card)
Clients are seen by appointment only. Call 954-736-2421 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial interviews are at the Legal Aid Center for Law and Social Justice located at 491 North State Road 7, Plantation, Florida 33317.